Let me tell you a few things...
My name is Nikki Xaysanasy and I am originally from Arkansas. I decided to move to California to pursue a career as a Developer. I am familiar with many different technologies which I learned throughout my career both freelancing and through professional work. I am always constantly learning and trying to keep up with the current trends. When I'm not programming or developing websites, I am reading, learning new recipies and playing my Nintendo Switch.
- Front-End Web Development Certificate from University of Arkansas - Global Campus - July 2017 to January 2018
- B.A in Criminal Justice from University of Arkansas - January 2011 - December 2014
Software QA Engineer
Mar 2019 - Present
I landed my current gig due to a friend of mine who is also a co-worker that referred me to the job. I have little knowledge of testing but with this job I was able to learn more about QA as well as end-to-end testing.
- Became more familiar with QA
- Write regression tests
- Coding end-to-end test cases
Sep 2018 - Mar 2019
My position after ZAM. It's not a full time development gig but it's more of a technical support. I am hoping I can work full-time as a Developer but I was able to help with the Front-End design on their latest product that they are working on. I learned basic SQL and help write documentation for their API. I'm hoping to take what I learn here with me towards a career in Web Development or Software Engineering.
- Used React to build the Front-End Design for our Full-Stack Web App
- Learned basic SQL Commands
- Improved Technical Customer Support Skills
Site Host Intern
Apr 2018 - Sep 2018
Shortly after arriving in California, I landed an internship with ZAM Network. They owned many of the fansites for big games including World of Warcraft and League of Legends. I started as a DevOps Intern rather than a Web Dev one but I learned a lot awhile I was there. I would say this was the job that inspired me to learn more in Computer Science.
- Learned the basics of DevOps
- Learned Python and used it for my project while I was there
- Became more familiar with Kubernetes and Docker
Junior Web Content Developer
Jan 2018 - Feb 2018
I began my Web Dev Career after I finished my bootcamp in Arkansas. I learned a lot during my short time here. I helped with the IT in-house and had meetings with our clients regarding their sites which were built in Wordpress. I took what I learned here with me when I moved to California.
- Learned basic fundamentals of the LAMP Stack
- Learned how to deal and interact with clients
- Improved my Wordpress Skills
HTML5 / Semantic Markup
CSS3 / Cross-platform Styling
Linux / Main Development Environment
Technology / General Technical Skills
Wordpress / Content Management System
Git / Version Control History
Python / Object-Orientated Programming & Scripting Language
SQL & MongoDB / Database Management System